Wedding Wishing Well Poems
In the realm of wedding traditions, couples today are finding their own way to infuse individuality and modern touches into time-honored practices. A popular trend in wedding invitations is the concept of the ‘wishing well wedding.’ This tradition involves a decorative wishing well placed at the wedding venue. Guests can drop off their best wishes and a monetary gift or ‘gift of cash.’
It replaces the traditional gift list. It allows guests to contribute towards a house deposit, a honeymoon fund, or the couple’s ‘next life stage’ in their own special way.
A Wishing Well
A wishing well is more than just a vessel for ‘cash gifts’ or ‘money gifts’. It’s a way for the couple to share their dreams with their loved ones. It could represent the ‘building of their dream’ new home, stocked with household appliances and treasures. Or a shopping spree for more unique household items. Even the ‘gift of travel’, with funds being used towards a ‘flight center’ for an adventurous honeymoon.
When you’re embarking on your journey as Mr & Mrs, you’ve likely already acquired your share of dishes, wine glasses, and a lot of things that fill up your home. This is where the wishing well comes in handy. Guests can make a ‘financial donation’ as a ‘gift of currency’ instead of choosing from a wedding registry of household goods. Or taking on the difficult task of finding the perfect gift. They can also include a ‘special wish’ for a lifetime of love and fulfilling years for the couple.
However, the right wording on your wedding invitations is crucial to maintain traditional etiquette and respect for your guests’ presence.
A little poem or the help of this little pun can make the request for a ‘monetary gift’ fun and less formal.
Wishing well poems
Below are a few of the more popular wishing well poems for you to use.
- Most things we need, we’ve already got, and in our home, we can’t fit a lot! A wishing well we thought would be great, but only if you wish to participate. A gift of money is placed in the well, then make a wish… but shhh, don’t tell! Once we’ve replaced the old with the new, we can look back and say it was thanks to you!
- The most important thing is to have you with us on our special day. No gifts are needed or expected, however we have been asked what we need or would like and, if you do wish to give us something, a little cash to spend on our honeymoon would be very much appreciated.
- Because at first we lived in sin, we’ve got the sheets and a rubbish bin. A gift from you would be swell but we’d prefer a donation to our Wishing Well. A gift of money is placed in the well, then make a wish but do not tell, cause as the well’s tradition goes, your wishes will come true you know!
- Now we are to be Mr & Mrs, we don’t need a wedding list of dishes. A holiday is what we need, so your help with this would be a great gift indeed. So should you wish to honour us with a gift, we have registered a honeymoon registry at (travel agency) where you can make a contribution to help us make our honeymoon a memory that will last a lifetime.
and a few more
- More than just kisses so far we’ve shared, our home has been made with love and care. Most things we need we’ve already got, like a toaster and kettle, the pans and the pots. A wishing well we thought would be great, (but only if you wish to participate). A gift of money is placed in the well, then make a wish but do not tell. Once we’ve replaced the old with the new, we can look back and say it was thanks to you! And in return for your kindness, we’re sure that one day soon, you’ll get what you wished for!
- Choosing the perfect wishing well poem adds a personal touch to your wedding, making it memorable for you and your guests. It’s a beautiful way to share your joy and invite your loved ones to be part of your happiness in a fun and engaging manner.
- No matter which poem you choose, the spirit of your wedding day — love, unity, and the joyous celebration of a new journey — will be reflected in the heartwarming tradition of the wishing well.
The most important thing is that your big day represents you and your partner in the most authentic way. So, whether you’re a fan of rhymes or prefer something simple and straightforward. These wishing well poems will sprinkle a little magic on your wedding day