If you’re trying to decide on a bonbonniere to give wedding guests, we hope something on this list gives you a eureka moment. Here is our guide to more than 70 different wedding favor ideas.
Giving guests a gift for coming to your wedding might seem a little odd at first – they’re supposed to be celebrating you and giving you presents, not the other way round?
But wedding favors are a nice way to say thank you for coming and express your gratitude for your wedding guest’s attending. Plus as a guest, it’s always an entertaining bonus when you get to the wedding reception and find a fun treat waiting for you.
It is important to note that wedding favors are optional. Many decide not to do wedding favors for their wedding if the wedding budget is tight.
- Food based wedding favors
- Wedding favors for women
- Wedding favors for men
- Useful wedding favors on the wedding day
- Other wedding favors ideas
Food based wedding favors
Something to nibble on while waiting for the wedding entrée, or something to take home, food always goes down a treat. Here’s some of our favorite food items that make fantastic wedding favors.
- Candy bar
2. Donut wall
3. Nut bar
4. Popcorn bar
5. Sugared/candied almonds – the traditional wedding favor.
6. Personalized chocolates (Get personalized wrappers and share your favorite choc).
8. Mints (Play on the “Mint to be” and have a little fun)
9.A sampler of your favorite spices or herbs
10. A personalized bottle of wine. Although this may impact the wedding budget to give a bottle of wine to each guest.
11. Jam/preserves (bonus points if made by you or a family member)
12. Make your own Fudge
14. Sugar Cookies
15. Personalized M&Ms. You can even by bulk ones of particular colors.
16. Jelly beans. Match the colours to your wedding theme.
17. Infused oil
21. Cookie kits in a jar – you can get these tags made, then fill up a jar with the dry ingredients
22. Smores kits
23. Homebrew. Check with your wedding venue in case this upsets their liquor license requirements.
26. Fortune Cookies – these ones can be customized to your wedding theme and you can even write your own fortunes to include in the cookie
27. Infused salt
30. A sampler of your favourite teabags/tea (could also use this for coffee)
31. Mason jar drinks (make it clear that the jars are to keep, otherwise guests might leave their glass behind)
32. Coffee Snobs? Why not share some of your favorite beans
You can personalize guest gifts even further with something for the women and something different for the men. Of course you can use the ideas on either list for anyone.
Wedding favors for women
33. Wine Charms (could double as a placename for your guests)
36. Homemade body scrub
38. Lip balm
40. Hair tie
Wedding favors for men
43. Bottle opener (this one would be good for a nautical themed wedding)
Useful wedding favors on the wedding day
Make your wedding favors do double duty and pick a favor that can do some extra work on your wedding day.
46. Cute coasters
47. Mini blackboard – can double as a wedding place card.
50. Rose petals for a petal toss
51. Pot plants/succulents/herbs (can double as greenery for the table)
52. Pop a personalized tag on a jar of their favorite sweets to do double duty with wedding favors
Other wedding favors ideas
If nothing is sparking inspiration just yet, have no fear. Here are some different wedding bonbonnieres.
54. A donation to your favorite charity
55. A card with a personal message and photo with the couple
57. Potted tree seedlings
61. Adorable mini lanterns
66. Coffee mug
70. Luggage tags
We hope that these 70 different wedding favors get the creative juices flowing for your wedding day. Wedding favors are a fun piece of memorable to give to your guests and thinking about how to plan a wedding.
If you have another idea from what’s listed please let us know.