75 Best Wedding Card Quotes and Well Wishes
Wondering what to write on a wedding card? Here are 75 best wedding card quotes to choose from to craft the perfect message.
This post contains a range of famous quotes about love and marriage, as well as wedding card messages and well-wishes.
The quotes can be used for any special occasion, wedding quotes on the wedding invitation, thank you cards, well-wishes, and more. Finding the right words to say can be tricky, so it can be easier to use a quote that says it best.
Wedding card etiquette
When sending the perfect wedding card, there are a few things to consider in regards to wedding card etiquette.
It is customary to include a card along with the wedding gift when celebrating the couple’s big day. Bring the card and gift with you to the ceremony so you deposit it on the gift table and ensure the couple receives it.
Get a little personal with the card, and even use a little humor if it suits you! If you’ve purchased a card that already has text on it, add a little note or quote or funny wedding card message that shows it’s from you and not just a generic message.
GET OUR ULTIMATE WEDDING GUIDE BUNDLE!
Are you looking for a comprehensive guide to planning your dream wedding? Look no further than our Ultimate Wedding Guide Bundle! This bundle includes everything you need to plan your special day, from budgeting and venue selection to catering and decor. Get your copy now and start planning the wedding of your dreams! Get your copy now
Formal wedding wishes
If it’s a formal wedding, here are some examples of formal card wishes to write on the card for the married couple. They can be used as they are or tweaked and rewritten in your own words.
- “Here’s to a lifetime full of happiness and love.”
- “Warm wishes on this wonderful journey, as you build your new lives together.”
- “May the years ahead be filled with lasting joy and love.”
- “Wishing you joy, love, and happiness on your wedding day and as you begin your new life together.”
- “May the love you share on this joyful day grow stronger as you grow old together.”
- “May your joining together bring you more joy than you can imagine.”
- “Today is the beginning of your next chapter. Sending our heartfelt wishes to you.”
- “May today be the beginning of a long, happy life together.”
- “May the wonderful love and happiness you feel today blossom even more throughout the years.”
Casual wedding wishes
If you are good friends or close with the happy couple, here are some casual wedding wishes to wish them a happy wedding day. A casual card can contain a short and sweet message.
- “Here’s to a long and happy marriage!”
- “Wishing you all of the love and happiness in the world!”
- “We’re so happy for you! Thank you for letting us be a part of your wonderful day”
- “Wishing you a lifetime of love!”
- “Here’s to the first day of many years of happiness!”
- “Best wishes!”
- “Today is just the beginning of the rest of your life! Here’s to a long and happy life together!”
- “We love you! Congratulations!”
Funny wedding wishes
If you are close friends with the couple and want, you might want to choose a funny message on the card. A funny wedding card message could be
- “Congratulations! It’s amazing when you find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life!”
- “A happy marriage depends on spouses saying this simple phrase, “Yes, Dear.”
- “The secret of a happy marriage are the words ‘yes dear.’
- “You may not have it all together, but together you have it all. Congratulations!”
- Congratulations! Your wedding made me ugly cry!
Religious wedding wishes
If the couple is religious, you could choose one of the following sentiments, depending on their specific faith.
Christian wedding wishes
Here are some Christian-inspired wedding wishes to send lots of love and best wishes to the couple.
- “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.” –1 Corinthians 13:4-5
- “May your marriage be forever blessed!”
- “Let all that you do be done in love.” –1 Corinthi
- “Wishing you a lifetime of happiness and a marriage as strong as your faith.”
- “I have found the one whom my soul loves.” –Song of Soloman 3:4
- “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” –Mark 10:9
Jewish wedding wishes
Here are some Jewish-inspired wedding wishes to wish the couple happiness and love on their future adventures.
- Mazeltov on your marriage! May your journey together be filled with, so much joy, love, laughter and happiness.
- “Warm wishes on your marriage. May this special day you share be filled with love and laughter and the days ahead be filled with joy. Mazeltov!”
- “Sending you prayers for unending love and happiness.”
- I am my beloved’s and my beloved is mine.’ – Shir Ha’Shirim/Song of Songs 6:3″
Islamic wedding wishes
Here are some Islamic-inspired wedding wishes to give the happy couple your warmest wishes.
- Nikkah Mubarak to you both on this beautiful day. Wishing you two a happy conjugal life.
- Alhumdulillah! Congratulations! I wish you years of happiness, true love, and joy. May Allah bless you!
- Mas Allah! You are both the gift of Allah. May you stay loyal and have a wonderful life together in love.
There are many people in history who have said some amazing quotes. Philosophers, poets, authors, playwrights, and more. Here are some of those romantic sayings that make the best wedding card quotes for cards.
Gravity cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.
Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.William Shakespeare
Come, let’s be a comfortable couple and take care of each other! How glad we shall be, that we have somebody we are fond of always, to talk to and sit with.Charles Dickens
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.Albert Einstein
If music be the food of love, play on.William Shakespeare
Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.Aristotle
At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.Plato
Where we love is home – home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
Love is the flower for which love is the honey.Victor Hugo
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.David Viscott
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage.Lao Tzu
Where there is great love, there are always miracles.Willa Cather
You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.Dr. Seuss
Love is the whole thing. We are only pieces.Rumi
A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.Andre Marois
You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known and even that is an understatement.F. Scott Fitzgerald
I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.
Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.
Zora Neale Hurston
There is only one happiness in this life, to love and be loved.George Sand
The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.Henry Miller
Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.Mignon McLaughlin
Two such as you with such a master speed cannot be parted nor be swept away from one another once you are agreed that life is only life forevermore together wing to wing and oar to oar.Robert Frost
To the world, you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.Dr Seuss
Recent years quotes
Here are more romantic sentiments quoted by poets, writers, and actors in more recent years.
When you’re lucky enough to meet your one person, then life takes a turn for the best. It can’t get better than that.
I have learned not to worry about love, but to honor its coming with all my heart.Alice Walker
To be fully seen by somebody, then, and be loved anyhow – this is a human offering that can border on miraculous.
True love is singing karaoke Under Pressure and letting the other person sing the Freddie Mercury part.Mindy Kaling
When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.Norah Ephron
Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.Oprah Winfrey
Before you marry a person you should first make them use a computer with slow Internet to see who they really are.Will Ferrell
Many musicians are poets really. Here are some beautiful words that can be used on wedding invites, signs, or in wedding cards.
How wonderful life is, now you’re in the world.Elton John
With a love like that, you know you should be glad.The Beatles
When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I’m falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.Taylor swift
I can live only wholly with you or not at all.
Ludwig van Beethoven
Love is a special word, and I use it only when I mean it.Ray Charles
For, suddenly, I saw you there. And through foggy London town. The sun was shining everywhereGeorge Gershwin