There are many elegant wedding napkin folds when it comes to your table settings for your big day.
There are so many wedding napkin folds that we put together a list of our favorite seven wedding napkin folding ideas to help you select one for your wedding day.
7 Must Try Wedding Napkin Folding Ideas
Whether you’re going with cloth or paper napkins at your reception, the way in which they are presented is important. They can be a part of your table decorations, a continuation of your wedding theme and a great way to add some style to your reception! Here are seven of our favourite ideas:
- Pinwheels – this simple napkin fold will suit a relaxed, whimsical or outdoor wedding. Or you could save them for the napkins of your youngest guests.
- Crown Folded Napkin – this beautiful napkin fold has a little pocket into which you could add a name tag or a wedding favor.
- Rose Napkin – What could be more romantic than having your reception table napkins folded into beautiful roses? We also love how each napkin can be folded in just 30 seconds too.
- Waterfall Napkin – also called the Swirl Fold, this lovely napkin is ideal for sitting on a plate and while it can be time-consuming, the visual effect is stunning.
- Knotted Napkin – ideal for a casual boho style wedding, this is an easy wedding napkin fold to do and looks effective.
- Single Pocket Fold – if you have a printed menu for your guests, using a folded napkin with a small slide in pocket works really well.
- Heart Folded Napkin – once again, romance is in the air with this beautiful heart napkin fold. As it lays flat, it’s great for laying on a plate before your wedding guests arrive.
Tips for napkin folding
When it comes to napkin folding, the end result is only as good as the napkin you are using and the amount of practice you have had. While we will leave the amount of practicing up to you, here are some of the characteristics of a good quality cloth napkin:
- Made with a high thread count cotton or linen fabric
- Folded or rolled hem and with mitered corners
- Evenly sized
- Square in shape
- Easy to iron
- Machine washable
- Available in a range of colours
- Smooth and soft to feel
Now that you have sorted our your wedding napkin folding ideas, it’s time to organize the rest of your reception too! Be sure to take a look through our collection of articles on planning and organizing a great wedding reception today.